Tuesday, January 03, 2006

A Red-Letter Day, as My Grandfather Would Have Said*
Yesterday I dragged my ass out of a warm bed at 7:15 a.m., put a cold and uncooperative trumpet on my face for 45 minutes, crawled out of the the comfort of my home and into the rain toward a surprisingly empty BART train, which deposited me on surprisingly lifeless streets, culminating in my arriving at the office to find a locked door and a security guard with a demeaning expression on his face. This is because I diligently checked the list of holidays for 2005, which included Friday's New Year's Eve day off, but fittingly enough excluded Monday's New Year's Day holiday, which presumably sits triumphantly atop the list of holidays for 2006.

Later, a bird shit on my head. It's going to be a banner year.

Incidentally, I've got a thing up at Utter Wonder today. Go bask in its glory or whatever. Feliz Navi-New Year!

[*Or "Red Weiner Day," as C-baby's brother puts it. Correction: I've been informed that it was actually my brother-in-law, and not C-baby's brother (who happen to share the same name), and that he actually said "Red Boner Day," which is even worse.]