Thursday, March 30, 2006

This Doesn't Deserve a Witty Title, But...

I just realized that I can never listen to "Lust for Life" again without associating it with those smiling yuppies in the cruise ship ad. Instead, I should probably imagine Iggy Pop lighting his cigars with hundred dollar bills.

Incidentally, my all-time favorite rock song converted for advertising use was that old Skynrd song that goes, "Gimme three steps, gimme three steps, Mister..." (about the guy who gets caught sleeping with another man's wife and begs the husband not to shoot him)--in the ad, it was changed to "Gimme three soap, gimme three soap Spirit™, Gimme three soaps in one..." or some such nonsense. Somebody should do really a compilation CD of those. I'd buy it.

P.S. It's gonna be a bright, bright, bright Glass Plus day.