Here's Where We Get Really Avant-Garde
Those of you who have tuned in today expecting your usual dose of Rehashtastic® Friday! are really in for a treat--that's because this week's reguritation actually features an entry from the Ghost of WULAD Past apologizing for slacking off on posting new stuff, which is now being recycled in order to allow the Ghost of WULAD Present to slack off on posting new stuff.
Wheels within wheels.
But I will say that the hollow assurances of an imminent increase in quality and quantity ring as true today as they did back in the Glory Days of last year. Enjoy!
Attention good citizens of the U. S. of A: There are no "Laura Bush Crotch Shots" here! And while it saddens us to admit this shortcoming, we'd like to think that what we may lack in the "Literary Patriotism" or "Joe Rogan Shirtless" Depts., we more than make up for in cutting commentary, scathing satire, and gnawing gnarrative.
"That's well and good, my dear 'LAD," you might say, "but where is this commentary/satire/gnarrative of which you speak?" And this would be a fair criticism, as recently the WULAD Posting Patrol has been off the wagon and lying in a ditch with our pants down and covered in moss and birdshit, productivity-wise. Perhaps those naked human pyramids the motivational speaker organized in the break room have not been so effective as one would have hoped.
With any luck this will be remedied next week, and the sweet nectar of smartness will once again flow through this website as smoothly as mock outrage flows through a congressional Republican.
Meanwhile, enjoy this list of...
Ways in Which President Action Figure's War on Everything has Made Things Better for America
- Located and destroyed huge stockpiles of dangerous particle weapon known as "sand"
- Improved image and expanded goodwill towards U.S. with all Arabs named Chalabi, Saud, or Wolfowitz
- Demonstrated superiority of American parlor games such as Two-Handed Pointing-and-Smoking and Don't Fall Off the Box (Unless You Want Your Genitals to Light Up Like a Christmas Tree)! to worldwide audience
- Introduced Iraqis to lovable pets Fluffy and Bud, the interrogation dogs
- Provided complimentary razing of statue of Saddam, to be replaced at soonest possible date with 40-story Great Pyramid of Condoleeza, constructed by cheerful Iraqi volunteers gently motivated by loving whip of Paul Bremer
- Transformed Afghanistan from chaotic, war-torn land into... uh, well...
- Arranged to have prominent star of National Football League and National War League traded to the great All-Madden Team in the sky
- Laid groundwork for democratic constitution in Iraq, encompassing such protections as the freedom to play nude twister, the freedom from being dragged on a leash unless you deserved it and you probably did, and the freedom of assembly and disassembly
- Opened up large portions of the Middle East for research into newly-created Stone Age cultures
- Paid for new Hundred-Dollar-Bills-on-a-Roll® brand toilet tissue in Bechtel's executive restroooms
- Recovered large cache of weapons sold to Iraq by rogue states such as the U.S.