Friday, November 17, 2006

Not Dead Yet, Vol. MCXVII

I guess I decided to take a week off. Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did! Seriously, though, I've been pushing out at least one a day over at Junkiness (mine are the really non-hip ones), which you could try thinking of as "WULAD East" or something. It's slightly more biting and less Garfunkel-centric, however.

I will send you into the weekend with the following comment, which reminds me why WULAD's Commentin' Commandos really rock the house more than those of any other website. It showed up on my post about Jan-Michael Vincent's cello artistry during the intro to Airwolf:

To whom it may concern,

I was wondering whether you know where I might be able to find the cello score for the songs played in the movie Airwolf.

Please let me hear from you.

Thank you,

Chris
Can't help you, Chris, but kudos to you for staying away from crowd-pleasers like the Bach Cello Suites and going after the really challenging examples of the repertoire. Best wishes and good luck on your recital!